Formulating the Future of Cannabis in Iowa
MedPharm Iowa is a medical cannabis manufacturer located in Des Moines, Iowa. We aspire to improve the quality of life for those in Iowa who seek natural, scientifically proven medical solutions to improve daily life while dealing with debilitating medical conditions.
MedPharm Iowa’s Associate Cultivator assists the Senior Cultivator in operating MedPharm Iowa’s cannabis grow operation. The Associate Cultivator assists with day-to-day environmental controls and plant wellbeing and health.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, or a related field.
· Two (2) plus years of experience in a commercial grow operation.
· Assist with day-to-day operations in a large-scale commercial cannabis grow operation.
· Assist with the performance of all required duties in the grow operation, including, without limitation: propagating; planting; watering; tissue culturing; cloning; transplanting; feeding plants; defoliating; cropping; topping; flushing; managing biosafety measures; trimming; packaging; disposing of waste; breeding; and managing inventory.
· Provide observations and comments to Senior Cultivator necessary to improve standard operating procedures (“SOPs”).
· Execute plant nutrient regimens.
· Assist with sampling and testing procedures, including water, media, and solution(s).
· Assist with waste disposal according to industry standards and regulatory agencies.
· Assist with the collection, quantification, and qualification of data, while following SOPs and other company policies.
· Assist with managing the cleanliness and organization of all equipment present within the grow operation.
· Be on call as needed to monitor growth room alarm systems.
· Assist with reducing spend.
· Comply with all company policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
· Facility maintenance and trouble-shooting as necessary.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent analytical abilities.
· Must be reliable and maintain good attendance.
· Must be team-oriented.
· Strong project management, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· High attention to detail.
· Ability to work effectively under time constraints as necessary.
· Proficient in English.
PHYSICAL EFFORT NEEDED:
· Must be able to lift at least fifty (50) pounds, be on feet all day, work in hot and cold environments.
TYPICAL NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS:
· Zero (0).
· Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, and read and write numbers and letters.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
· Safetyshoes, safety glasses, dust masks, ear protection, various types of gloves and spraying equipment, and biosafety equipment.
· Some travel may be required for training purposes and for staying abreast of industry developments.
In MedPharm Iowa’s culture, this position may be required to perform additional duties as needed. The above noted document is not intended to describe, in exhaustive detail, the multitude of tasks that may accompany the position, but rather to give the team member a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations. As the nature of business demands change, so too do the essential functions of the position.
MedPharm Iowa is an at will employer. This document is not meant to be an offer, contract, or promise of future or continued employment. For more information, contact human resources.
MedPharm Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
Please include POSITION and LOCATION in the subject of your email. Thank you.