Formulating the Future of Cannabis in Iowa
MedPharm Iowa is a medical cannabis manufacturer located in Des Moines, Iowa. We aspire to improve the quality of life for those in Iowa who seek natural, scientifically proven medical solutions to improve daily life while dealing with debilitating medical conditions.
MedPharm Iowa’s Patient Consultant is the primary customer-facing position. The Patient Consultant is expected to have a thorough understanding of medical cannabis products. This role provides exceptional patient services and reports to the Store Manager.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in retail, management, healthcare, or a related field.
· Previous healthcare, food service, or retail experience (preferred).
· Previous cannabis industry experience (preferred).
· Maintains a comprehensive understanding of products offered.
· Responsible for sales and developing treatment plans for patients.
· Maintains presentable, safe, and sanitary dispensary conditions.
· Assists with the patient application process.
· Greets visitors to the dispensary and answers phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
· Maintains a thorough understanding of medical cannabis program and provides informed answers to questions.
· Assists with keeping the dispensary floor adequately stocked.
· Assists with cash handling and related activities.
· Promotes a positive, customer-service oriented work environment in line with established policies and procedures.
· Responsible for using the department-selected secure sales, inventory tracking, and point-of-sales system (POS).
· Assists with updating patient records, data entry, and file maintenance.
· Responsible for verifying proper identification and documentation for patients and visitors prior to dispensing medical cannabis.
· Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must be able to successfully undergo a degree of technical training and communicate dosing and titration schedules to patients.
• Must be able to have a basic understanding of different pharmaceutical drugs.
• Exceptional multitasking abilities.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented work environment.
• Proficiency in technology software, desktop electronics, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
PHYSICAL EFFORT NEEDED:
• Must be able to lift at least fifty (50) pounds and work on feet for extended periods of time.
TYPICAL NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS:
• Zero (0)
• Some travel may be required for dispensary-related functions.
In MedPharm Iowa’s culture, this position may be required to perform additional duties as needed. The above noted document is not intended to describe, in exhaustive detail, the multitude of tasks that may accompany the position, but rather to give the team member a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations. As the nature of business demands change, so too do the essential functions of the position.
MedPharm Iowa is an at will employer. This document is not meant to be an offer, contract, or promise of future or continued employment. For more information, contact human resources.
MedPharm Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.